Saturday, February 14, 2015

I have legal custody of my child with the non-custodial parent having an every other weekend visitation schedule. My questions is, if I have...

Question

I have legal custody of my child with the non-custodial parent having an every other weekend visitation schedule. My questions is, if I have legal custody is the other parent allowed to take him to therapy sessions with a priest without my consent during his visits. We are catholic but my issue is that my son is refusing to go and feels uncomfortable, especially going outside his parish. Can my legal custody rights apply here and is the other parent going against the court order which has been in place for 11years.



Answer

Joint legal custody means that you share in all non emergency decisions. Therefore, if you two do not agree, then you should not be forced to do it. In other words, he needs your consent. Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment