Tuesday, February 24, 2015

divorce and llc, spouse is not a member, i own 99 my mom owns 1 we live in california what is the distribution or liability of a divorce fr...

Question

divorce and llc, spouse is not a member, i own 99 my mom owns 1% we live in california what is the distribution or liability of a divorce from spouse.

seperated for 2months and i want to start a new business? Will I have to share part of that too?



Answer

I think I know what you are asking, but it would help if you post with plain language instead of writing a post that sounds like a cross between a Western Union telegram and a text message from a teenage girl.

I assume that you are asking whether a Limited Liability Company that you own a portion of is an asset and will be an issue in your divorce. It is, in the extent that any increase of goodwill of your business occurred during your marriage. Property acquired after separation, such as a new business, would be your separate property and would not be subject to division unless you used community property to finance the acquisition.



No comments:

Post a Comment