Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I am the beneficiary of my fathers Estate it was awarded to me in a wrongful death suit in 1991 i am supposed to receive a monthly check on ...

Question

I am the beneficiary of my fathers Estate it was awarded to me in a wrongful death suit in 1991 i am supposed to receive a monthly check on the same day each month . I am finding its coming later and later each month and now into the next month. when i contact my bank they have no information but the sender name and all i have are a few old pieces of paper that have led back to nothing because it was so long ago one of the attorney have passed and the other is no longer practicing . How can i find out who is handing my trust and where its coming from?



Answer

Go back to the court file in the county/state where the wrongful death suit was brought. It will have information in there. It sounds like some kind of structured settlement was set up where you were to get funds periodically.

Doesn't the check have any information on it at all? Who is the sender? It should be an annuity company if it was a structured settlement. Have you spoken to them?



No comments:

Post a Comment