Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hello there, I have been issued a temporary injunction order for protection against domestic violence under section 741.30 Florida Statutes....

Question

Hello there, I have been issued a temporary injunction order for protection against domestic violence under section 741.30 Florida Statutes.

I was removed from my home by a local sheriff and have been issued a date to appear and testify at a hearing regarding this matter on 03.21.2012.

I am not from the USA and have been living here married (as a legal permanent resident) for the past 3years with my wife who is a US citizen.

Clearly my marriage is over and I would now like to return to my home country asap without having to attend this hearing, what do I need to do to achieve this?

I have a valid reason beyond the marriage being over to return to my home country should it be necessary.

Please advise.



Answer

If you don't appear at the hearing, your temporary injunction will be made permanent and will last, at the judge's discretion, from about six months for up to the rest of your life, and you will be bound, while in Florida, to whatever its provisions are. But, being an LPR, you a free to leave and return to the U.S. whenever you desire.



No comments:

Post a Comment