Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My ex-husband is taking me to court because he wants me to pay a loan we made that is in both our names and also for a car that is in both o...

Question

My ex-husband is taking me to court because he wants me to pay a loan we made that is in both our names and also for a car that is in both our names. We never had a property settlement. He called my brother and said if I sign some papers sayin I would pay these things that we wouldnt have to go to court. I can not afford a lawyer. Also when I left I did not take anything. The house is still in both our names his truck is still in both our names I dont live in the house and I dont drive his truck he has the house the truck etc.



Answer

You need to settle the community property. You own 1/2 of everything purchased during the marriage and are responsible for 1/2 of any debts.



No comments:

Post a Comment