Saturday, February 21, 2015

Can I sue the husband and/or wife, for money that the wife owes me, before they were married. In other words, a woman owes me a sum of money...

Question

Can I sue the husband and/or wife, for money that the wife owes me, before they were married. In other words, a woman owes me a sum of money (BEFORE SHE GOT MARRIED) however. she has since got married and even thought I know I can win a case against her, she may/may-not be able to return the money she borrowed from me, however I know for sure that her new husband has the assets to pay me.

Can I legally sue both of them?



Answer

No. He is not liable for her debts.



Answer

Can you sue him? Yes. Are you going to win? No. Will you cause yourself trouble, perhaps even end up paying the husband for suing him for no reason. Perhaps.



No comments:

Post a Comment