Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I am trying to get a divorce but i had a child with someone else during the course of my marriage and the dad of my child is in prison and r...

Question

I am trying to get a divorce but i had a child with someone else during the course of my marriage and the dad of my child is in prison and refuses to sign an acknowledge ment of paternity. What do i do? Please help me. My court date is May 7



Answer

Have a DNA test done that excludes your husband as the father. That will clear the way for the divorce and will prevent him from having any rights. Also, you can ask the AG to get a DNA test from the prison daddy and establish his rights/duties if you want to. I don't know why you would--child support isn't worth having a guy like that in your life.

Good luck!!



No comments:

Post a Comment