Friday, January 24, 2014

Long story short: A case involving my BF, and his friend was just dropped due to witnesses/police officer not showing up. His friend was the...

Question

Long story short: A case involving my BF, and his friend was just dropped due to witnesses/police officer not showing up. His friend was the accused for recklessly shooting a gun,and he put the gun under my BF's seat. It was my boyfriends car. He was driving. Both were on probation, and both were sent to jail. My boyfriend said he got a citation. but not comes the detainer. His P.O says the other county wants back I guess to deal with it. Now that the case is dropped, what can I do about the detainer? Will hiring a lawyer speed things up? Is it worth the effort to avoid him just sitting there? and how long does a process like that take to get him freed? I want him home as quickly as possible.



Answer

Hiring a lawyer should speed things up a bit. It could be possible to get a violation hearing before a judge by filing a Motion. Sometimes it takes a while for a violation hearing date to be issued and for the detainer to get lifted. The process can sometimes be very drawn out, you should consult with an Attorney and inquire about having a Motion/Petition to Lift Detainer filed.

Joseph A. Paletta, Esq. / ap

www.pittsburghcriminallawfirm.com



No comments:

Post a Comment