Thursday, January 23, 2014

I purchased a 2003 Volvo XC90 T6 exactly a year ago 1/28/2012. Shortly after purchase we needed to buy tires, head brake lights as well as...

Question

I purchased a 2003 Volvo XC90 T6 exactly a year ago 1/28/2012. Shortly after purchase we needed to buy tires, head & brake lights as well as preform a complete tune-up ( after the dealer we purchased it from said it had just been serviced with a tune-up) But slightly after 100,000 miles my transmission completely failed

( 12/28/2012). While researching for repairs, I learned that a class action lawsuit was in effect for my exact year & model 2003 thru 2005. It also stated that in order to be included you had to have submitted documents by 11/7/2012. Yet I had no idea about this suit or I would have included myself. What can I legally do in this situation? And is the dealer I purchased from responsible for selling a defective car ?



Answer

You most likely missed the deadline. the best way to determine that would be to contact the Class Action Attorney but dont hold out too much hope...dealer sold a used car. I am sure that you eiter had a waarnty or it was sold with the FTC as is...Tires would have been easily visibke when you bought the car... If they misrepresented you may have a cause of action on the lights and tune-up but you probably dont have much in the way of the transmission unless there was an explict warranty.



No comments:

Post a Comment