Thursday, June 19, 2014

I was emailed by an ex girlfriend saying she has a child that is mine, I asked for a DNA test but she refuses. If she approaches me like tha...

Question

I was emailed by an ex girlfriend saying she has a child that is mine, I asked for a DNA test but she refuses. If she approaches me like that can I have a court ordered DNA test done?



Answer

I guess what is it she's expecting from you by sending that email? Is she wanting you to pay child support, have a relationship with the child, or what? If she's demanding child support, tell her to contact ORS and have them start a child support case. They will conduct any necessarey DNA testing and establish and child support amount. If you desire to then pursue having the child in your life, you would need to file a separate paternity/parentage action in District Court to establish your custodial/parent time rights with the child.



No comments:

Post a Comment