Sunday, June 22, 2014

I'm being sued by my ex-husband non custodial parent, he is asking the court to modify child support, maintain that the court he filed in ha...

Question

I'm being sued by my ex-husband non custodial parent, he is asking the court to modify child support, maintain that the court he filed in has jurisdiction, which is in Houston and I'am in Dallas. How do I ask the court that jurisdiction be in the county where I reside since i'am the custodial parent. We also , already have a case here with the attorney general office that will go too court in 2 months over the same issue child support modification so can i request dismissal or consolidation? how do I file an answer or general denial for a child support case in which i'am the custodial parent?



Answer

Does your custody order have a residency restriction? Are you "within the prescribed area" where you live with the child?

What is the court of continuing jurisdiction, that is, where did the child support order come from?

We need more information.



No comments:

Post a Comment