Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I have sole legal and physical custody of my daughter. Her father was awarded visitation rights , but he had to also provide health insuranc...

Question

I have sole legal and physical custody of my daughter. Her father was awarded visitation rights , but he had to also provide health insurance, go to AA classes, and have 3 months of supervised visits. Not only has he received a second DUI after the custody agreement but he has not provided any medical coverage, sporadic financial support, and has seen her 6 times since the court case. He has his mother do visitation with her for a lowered support agreement and when I challenge it am threatened with a lawsuit for not complying by his mother. I'm at the end of my rope with the threats from his mother and the lack of support from him. What are my legal options for both situations?



Answer

I recommend that you contact a family law attorney. You want an emergency order vacating temporarily vacating the custody/visitation agreement based on your daughter's father's conduct and that of his family. It is unclear how the paternal grandmother has any standing in this matter, but you need counsel in order to get this matter resolved appropriately. Do note that visitation and support are not related issues and you cannot deny visitation based on a lack of financial and medical support. Good luck with this.



No comments:

Post a Comment