Monday, February 23, 2015

My son is 17 and out of control. He has kicked my doors in while I am at work, stolen items from my home and the family car, which he does n...

Question

My son is 17 and out of control. He has kicked my doors in while I am at work, stolen items from my home and the family car, which he does not have a license. I have contacted the police and reported him as a runaway, but they just bring him back home and tell me there is nothing I can do about it because he is under the age of 18. What options do I have to protect my home? I have researched group homes etc. but do not have the finances to afford those places.



Answer

The old adage is 'spare the rod, spoil the child' maybe several doses of the 'ol rod might help. Also, instead of reporting him as a runaway why not swear out warrants for theft, vandalism, injury to personal / real property. When he gets picked up - don't bail him out - some time in jail might help.



No comments:

Post a Comment