Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My landlord entered my residence by force while my 16 17 yeaar old were home city police said she had every right to enter home and becaus...

Question

My landlord entered my residence by force while my 16 & 17 yeaar old were home city police said she had every right to enter home and because eviction.notice was 15 days past due- that gave her all the right. I had not been served with fetainer



Answer

I assume you are speaking about the 3 day notice or quit. The landlord can not enter by force and can not enter peacefully without giving you reasonable notice. You are entitled to peaceful enjoyment of the until until the sheriff serves you with the eviction notice that comes after an unlawful detainer judgment. But what are your damages? Perhaps a few hundred dollars which would be offset by the rent you owe so you would not really collect anything, just reduce your liability to the landlord.



No comments:

Post a Comment