Thursday, August 21, 2014

visitationmy kids dad has been in jail for the last 7 years and has gotten out and he wants the kids to come 3 hours away for visitation an...

Question

visitation

my kids dad has been in jail for the last 7 years and has gotten out and he wants the kids to come 3 hours away for visitation and they do not want to go because they barely know him and he is threatening to take it to court. I asked him to come around and give them the chance to get to know him and I offered to bring them to where he lives but he wants them to come for the entire weekend without me. They don't want to go. What kind of chance do we have in court? Will they be forced to visit him.



Answer

Re: visitation

I suspect the judge will be sympathetic to your situation and at least require a phase in. I suggest you consult with a lawyer who practices family law in that jurisdiction.



No comments:

Post a Comment