Thursday, August 21, 2014

My ex boyfriend physically grabbed and threw me out of our apartment while I was trying to remove some of my personal belongings.He was choc...

Question

My ex boyfriend physically grabbed and threw me out of our apartment while I was trying to remove some of my personal belongings.He was chocking me and I bit his hand,he left and I continued to remove my belongings. He had called the police and claimed I assulted him. They arrested me. At the jail they noticed the scrapes and bruises he had caused and took pictures. The police never asked me for my side of the story they just arrested me. Now I have to appear in court. I can not afford an attorney. Besides being much bigger than me he also had the locks changed on the apartment even though I am on the lease.Please,what can I do?



Answer

Plead "not guilty."

Ask for a court-appointed lawyer.

Demand a jury trial.

Don't be too cooperative with the police or the prosecutor - these folks are NOT your friends.

Do NOT make any kind of plea bargain. I repeat: Do NOT make a plea bargain!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment