Sunday, March 22, 2015

A few years ago I went threw Friend of the Court when my ex girlfriend had my daughter. First, I was ordered to pay child support, and arrea...

Question

A few years ago I went threw Friend of the Court when my ex girlfriend had my daughter. First, I was ordered to pay child support, and arrears (which have long since been caught up), and I had weekend visitation. About a year after that order was put in, she attempted to file a change of domicile, and during that time, we ended up going back to court because she was unfit to raise our child. The court agreed that my daughter should live with me, and they wrote up the order. She now stays with me Sunday night threw Friday night. In addition, the removed all of my child support fees. There however is still a fee coming out of my check ( and has been for awhile) for "current cash medical support". I provide all health coverage for my daughter threw my job, which I pay for out of my check. Is this just a fee that I have to deal with, even though I do not have support payments anymore, and I am taking care of my daughter, or can I get this removed?



Answer

This fee should be removed. Contact the Friend of the Court. The mother should now be paying child support to you.

Read more at:

www.MidMichiganDivorce.com



No comments:

Post a Comment