Friday, March 27, 2015

child custodyI go to court may 10th. My lawyer spent all my money and today called me and informed me that he transferred my case to a diff...

Question

child custody

I go to court may 10th. My lawyer spent all my money and today called me and informed me that he transferred my case to a different lawyer. Can he do that???



Answer

Re: child custody

I understand that you are worried about your court case. Quality legal representation takes time, and a lawyer's time is the only thing we have to sell. You have no obligation to continue to use the services of your attorney or an attorney who he transfers you to. He has no obligation to continue to represent you, except under some very specific circumstances. However, it looks like your attorney is trying to accommodate you, rather than simply withdrawing from representation altogether. You might want to meet with this new attorney to see if you can work with him/her before you decide whether to find another attorney.



No comments:

Post a Comment