Monday, March 23, 2015

I am trying to relocate to orlando due to better schools for my daughter and I am trying to get a promotion there with my job. My family als...

Question

I am trying to relocate to orlando due to better schools for my daughter and I am trying to get a promotion there with my job. My family also moved there. My custody for my child states that she lives in the same district that I live in and I have sole custody. The father had supervised visitation in court, which we did outside of court and he barely showed to. He hasn't seen her in over a year and is currently in house arrest for 1 year and then 3 years probation because of domestic violence towards me. Can I relocate or do I need his permission and the courts permission? What steps would I have to take?



Answer

You need his written consent and/or a court order. If you are under a time issue, petition the court to modify the prior visitation court order.



Answer

You have to get written consent from the ex or a court order prior to moving. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.



Answer

You will need his written permission to relocate. If he does not want to provide you with permission then you must file a Petition with the court to allow you to relocate. In that Petition you will need to outline the reasons you want to move, highlight the job promotion and explain how the move is in the best interest of the child. Based on what you have described it sounds as if there are strong grounds to support relocation.

Note -the Petition must be filed with the court and served on him. The rules regarding Relocation are very specific and as such I would suggest you seek a consultation with an attorney who can provide you with more direction.

Natalie Hall, Esq.

[email protected]/* */

(407) 412-7035



Answer

From what you have stated - file a Petition to Relocate - I don't believe you will have any problems. If I can be of assistance, please contact my office for an appointment 904-997-1031



No comments:

Post a Comment