Friday, March 28, 2014

my husband is an attorney...we are in the process of filing for divorce...he lost his job last Summer (10 mos since his last paycheck) last ...

Question

my husband is an attorney...we are in the process of filing for divorce...he lost his job last Summer (10 mos since his last paycheck)

last Fall I sold our piano (that we were still making payments on) he knew I was trying to sell it...I sold it and used the money to make my car payments and pay other bills...

he did not know I sold it and then included it on his bankruptcy (I'm not included in the bankruptcy because he had real estate deals and other things I was not a part of)

anyway, the bank wants the piano or the money...my soon to be ex is now pressuring me to sign a promissory note to his parents who are willing to give him the money to pay off the bank ...only if I agree to pay them back...(just me, not him)

I told him I would if he will add into that arrangement ..."as long as he is gainfully employed and paying me child support for our 3 kids" -- he refuses to do this...

I was home for 9 years raising our 3 young children and because he did not want me to work...I am now back in school full time in an accelerated nursing/pa program...I am also working full time to try and make ends meet...

he has no job or income...

what should I do??

thanks for any advice!!



Answer

Contact a bankruptcy attorney.



No comments:

Post a Comment