Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I am the father and have custody of my son but I just found out through a DNA test that he isn't mine and I want to give up custody of him a...

Question

I am the father and have custody of my son but I just found out through a DNA test that he isn't mine and I want to give up custody of him and give him back to the mother. What do I do



Answer

There is a statute that provides relief for you. You will need to file a Petition in Court, and obtain a Court Order determining you not to be the father and transferring custody. I have handled such cases, and you may contact me directly for a free telephone consultation.



Answer

I need more facts to give informed advice. If there is a court order in place determining that you are the father, it may be conclusive on the matter.



No comments:

Post a Comment