Monday, March 24, 2014

If I got married hastily on December 26th for the purposes of insurance and my wife and I never lived together and she won't agree to an ann...

Question

If I got married hastily on December 26th for the purposes of insurance and my wife and I never lived together and she won't agree to an annulment, what grounds do I use for divorce?



Answer

Irreconcilable differences, mental cruelty, et. al., - but the facts MUST match up with the grounds. If no facts, then no grounds. No grounds, no divorce.



Answer

You can't use your own attempt to defraud the insurance carrier as grounds either, i.e., you cannot benefit from your own misconduct and stupidity is not grounds either. BTW she doesn't have to agree to an annulement. It sounds like the "marriage" may not have been consumated in which case you are still eligible for an annulment. Throw the dice and see what happens and don't do something stupid again.



No comments:

Post a Comment