Monday, March 17, 2014

A tele marketing co is claiming I didn't pay for an item back in 2010 and is asking for payment along with late fees.I have not seen a bill ...

Question

A tele marketing co is claiming I didn't pay for an item back in 2010 and is asking for payment along with late fees.

I have not seen a bill or notice of non payment and was unaware of any problem until I received a message on my answering machine.

They say they are turning it over to collections unless I pay in the next two wks.

I am willing to pay the original amount. If they can prove I ordered the item but I don't want to pay for two years of late fees. What do I do?



Answer

If a telemarketing company is trying to collect a debt alleged to be owed to someone other than the telemarketer, they are a collector under the law, and must obey certain guidelines. If they did not send you a n otice of debt, and notice oh how to dispute in writing letter before calling you, htye violated those guidelines, and may owe you money. You shoudl consult directly with a civil practice attorney in your area. Provide that attorney with all the information and documentation you have regarding this matter. Perhaps they can give youadvice specific to the facts of yoru matter.

Good luck



No comments:

Post a Comment