Saturday, December 20, 2014

I am seeking a divorce. No children involved.I had my home when I married,never changed my last name.But, the marriage is filed at the clerk...

Question

I am seeking a divorce. No children involved.I had my home when I married,never changed my last name.But, the marriage is filed at the clerks office here in Indianapolis In.He says uncontested divorce is fine with him.He has agreed to sign.My reason for leaving this marriage is he is a alcolholic .He was arrested for a DUI,could not hold a job for any length of time.We have seperated as of the 26th of Jan.His name is not on my mortgage or any realated bills.lights, gas etc.If for some reason he is still playing games and just telling me he will sign off on the uncontested divorce and this mess took a unexpected turn on his part could he ask for half of my property?



Answer

Yes, he could ask for one half of the marital property, which includes whatever you consider as "your" property.



No comments:

Post a Comment