Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I"ve been served a Summons to respond in writing to a collections complaint filed in my county's local court system. Representing Chase Cred...

Question

I"ve been served a Summons to respond in writing to a collections complaint filed in my county's local court system.

Representing Chase Credit Card Services, an out of county Law practice is demanding full payment

or our first written response within 20 days of APRIL 3RD.

What do I state in the letter that needs to go to the court system and also the attorney's office ?

My wife and I have NO savings left after medical bills, still owed with a substantial balance.

She has suffered Melanoma cancer and we've both lost one of our employment jobs of 11 years !

I maintain only one job now that barely pays the mortgage, food, and utilities.

How do I plead my position as we are trying to pay something to all creditors every month, but not meeting the minimum payments required ?

We will never walk away from our obligations, as we've both been raised to take responsibility.

Thanks in advance for any legal guidance, Mark Strasser



Answer

Inability to pay is no defense. Call them to see if you can work something out.



No comments:

Post a Comment