Monday, May 19, 2014

If I asked someone to lease a car under their name but I was the one making the payments and the leaser wanted to go to court and take the v...

Question

If I asked someone to lease a car under their name but I was the one making the payments and the leaser wanted to go to court and take the vehicle would he or she be able to win it in court even if I have all the proof that I'm the one making all the payments?



Answer

Which of you was the driver? Which had possession of the vehicle? Who was named on the insurance? Why did you set up this deal in the first place? Could be legit I suppose, but in the absence of more facts justifying the arrangement, I'd say the lessor may believe it was defrauded in some way by a less-than-100%-truthful lease application. What's really going on? If you were served with court papers, what do they say?



No comments:

Post a Comment