Tuesday, May 13, 2014

i took my car to a mechanic shop for an oil change and they told me that my car needed a motor flush or it will basically break down because...

Question

i took my car to a mechanic shop for an oil change and they told me that my car needed a motor flush or it will basically break down because the motor was full of clunk and grudge. The did the flush and my motor is knocking now, i took it to Amaco and two other mechanics and they said i would need a new motor. Can i sue. the is the tricky part, on the recipe it says they are not responsible for any damage due to fire or theft or beyond their control. Now the mechanic advised me to do this or my car would not run right. every other mechanic i have went to to said this should have never been done on my car over 3 mechanics. can i use their opinions as references to my case?



Answer

The value of your car determines the venue to initiate your action. Ask any of the mechanics if they are willing to testify on your behalf and how much they will charge you to make a court appearance. If the value of your car is below a certain amount, you may bring your action in small claims court. Please be forewarned that you need to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the work perfomed on your vehicle (e.g., internet searches+ opinions) and whether the negligent action of the mechanic was the proximate and direct cause of damage to your vehicle requiring costlly repair.



No comments:

Post a Comment