Tuesday, April 28, 2015

My Husband received a notice to appear in court for a speeding ticket, and a ticket for not having his license. Well we live in Milton, FL, ...

Question

My Husband received a notice to appear in court for a speeding ticket, and a ticket for not having his license. Well we live in Milton, FL, the ticket was given in Miami, FL. We have been no where around Miami. We believe his identity has been stolen. But now I do not know how to go about this. It was obviously not my husband because the ticket was on a late Sunday and he was at work Monday morning. We do not have the money to travel to Miami. Should we hire a lawyer? I am so confused. Someone had mentioned to just pay the ticket so that it would disappear. However, my husaband did not do it and I do not believe that is justice. What can we do. We are going to file a police report this evening after work. Other than that I am lost. We were not in Miami. We have a tag number on the ticket but it was not our tag. Pls Help



Answer

Whatever you do, do NOT just pay the ticket. You should hire an attorney that will help you straighten this ticket out. In the meantime, you should check your credit to see if anything else has been stolen and take corrective measures to avoid having your identity used again.



No comments:

Post a Comment