Saturday, April 25, 2015

At beginning of my lease, I paid first months rent, last months rent and security deposit. During the leasehold, we agreed to raise the rent...

Question

At beginning of my lease, I paid first months rent, last months rent and security deposit. During the leasehold, we agreed to raise the rental amount by 300 per month. At the lease end , the landlord is saying that she is entitled to additional 300 dollars for the last months rent ( as this is the amount the rent was raised after I had paid the last months rent) . Is this true?



Answer

Yes, I would agree with you if the lease specifically referenced the last month's

rent as what was owed (and no more) when you initially paid it upon moving in, but if no such limitation is specified, the landlord's position could be supportable if there is no contraindicating language in the lease itself (which obviously cannot

be known by one evaluating the matter only from what has been provided in

the question).



No comments:

Post a Comment