Sunday, September 21, 2014

My name is lance. I was recently ordered to pay child support on my one year old daughter. This all started 3 or 4 months ago. I was ordered...

Question

My name is lance. I was recently ordered to pay child support on my one year old daughter. This all started 3 or 4 months ago. I was ordered to pay 550 a month by an attorney was appointed to my daughters mother by the family support division. I received a certified letter by mail that had the amount I was to pay. I had 30a days to contact the attorney before anything took place. I called the attorney and never received a call back. There was no court date set. After the 30 days they started to garnish my wages at work. I was wondering if this is even legal to do



Answer

It sounds to me like you should consult with an attorney. In all likelihood, you were ordered to pay child support by the Family support division. You had thirty days to request an administrative hearing, but apparently failed to do so. Or, it is possible that an attorney filed a suit against you and obtained a Judgment against you after you did not respond in court within thirty days. Either way, there maybe something that an attorney can do to help you. I handle these cases, and you may contact me if you do not already have an attorney.



No comments:

Post a Comment