Sunday, September 21, 2014

Dear Sir or Ma'am:I am a resident in Alameda County in California. My ex an I have agreed on a visitation and custody arrangement that best ...

Question

Dear Sir or Ma'am:

I am a resident in Alameda County in California. My ex an I have agreed on a visitation and custody arrangement that best suits our child needs and our abilities as well as agreed to split the finances of the childs expenses but I want our agreement filed as an order down at the courthouse just to cover my back should things go bad down the line. Can we do this without going to the mediator they usually assign couples to go to who dont communicate as well as us an if so what form do we file our agreement on? Thanks in advance for your help.

Chyanne



Answer

You can attach your written and notarized agreement to form FL-355, Stipulation and Order for Custody and/or Visitation of Children. For support, you would use form FL-350. Be aware that if you are receiving public assistance, the Department of Child Support Services will have to sign form FL-350 as well.

You may obtain the Judicial Council forms at the link below.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/formsrules.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment