Friday, October 31, 2014

Hi my name is Steven. I live in Kansas. I purchased a car in 2004 for 10,000 dollars. In 2007 i went 3 months without paying it (financial c...

Question

Hi my name is Steven. I live in Kansas. I purchased a car in 2004 for 10,000 dollars. In 2007 i went 3 months without paying it (financial crisis), they reposesed it and gave it back in agreement that my dad co signed. In 2008 i had 1200 dollars left, i moved to a different town, my dad went to the bank, had my name removed from the loan and he paid off the remaining balance without me knowing. The bank is refusing to issue me a lien release so i can get the title to the car. What should i do?



Answer

If your father paid off the car, he is entitled to have the lein release. If you have the car, then you can file a quiet titel action to hav the court order the the Department of REvenue (DMV) issue you a clean title. You may want to hire counsel to assist or represent you in this endeavbor, as they can be tricky.

Good luck



No comments:

Post a Comment