Friday, February 14, 2014

I am starting a business in which I will be the soul owner and operator doing appliance repair. I want to know if I need to file with the St...

Question

I am starting a business in which I will be the soul owner and operator doing appliance repair. I want to know if I need to file with the State of Florida an a for profit corporation or a LLC. which would be best and less of a hassle down the road



Answer

I believe a Subchapter S would be better if you would be the sole owner of the LLC.



Answer

As a Franchise Attorney I can say that corporations are more difficult to start and maintain than LLC's. Corporations, for example, are required to observe all corporate formalities, like annual shareholder and board of director meetings and minutes. You might also look into operating just as a sole proprietor, which only requires a business license under your assumed business name. Business insurance usually insures against virtually all risk. Consult with a good business or franchise attorney in your area for specific advice.

Mr. Franchise - Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.

Franchise Foundations, a Professional Corporation



No comments:

Post a Comment