Thursday, February 27, 2014

Landlords My landlord made a mistake when handing out the monthly statement. She put a credit on my account, which I was unaware of. I paid...

Question

Landlords

My landlord made a mistake when handing out the monthly statement. She put a credit on my account, which I was unaware of. I paid the rent in full and she states I owe her more money because she made a mistake. She has given me 3 days to pay or quit. Can she do that?



Answer

Re: Landlords

Its not very clear what happened here. If, for example, your rent was $500 per month and your landlord gave you an invoice for $350 by mistake; you would still owe $500 for your monthly rent. If you didn't pay $500 she would have cause to give you a three-day notice to quit. If something different has happened than what I described, you may provide more details in another question or contact an attorney of your choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment