Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pls. Help. Ever since I did my loan modification in 2010 my mortgage company has been harassing me. They state my mortgage payment for 8/201...

Question

Pls. Help. Ever since I did my loan modification in 2010 my mortgage company has been harassing me. They state my mortgage payment for 8/2010 was late but the company rep. said I don't have to pay it until 9?10 due to not receiving the information on payment until 8/21/10. The mortgage company has been charging me late fees ever since. Also, the mortgage company sent me an escrow statement which changed my payments and now claim that statement was sent in error and states I have been making short payments on my mortgage. Also, my mortgage company stopped accepting my payments as of Nov. 2011 and now I'm facing forclosure. What can I do. They have harassed and stressed me to now end.



Answer

No one here has your contract and documents, so no one here can tell you who is right or wrong or what you owe. If you are facing foreclosure next week, you certainly need to get off the internet and see a lawyer in your area if you hope to save your house. If there is a foreclosure next week, the realistic only option at this late date may be a bankruptcy filing. Either way, that means sitting down with the lawyer in your area today or tomorrow to see what your options are, and whether it is even a good idea. Keep in mind that bankruptcy stalls a foreclosure. It does not mean you get out of paying the full amount of at least the first mortgage.



Answer

They stopped accepting payments in November and you have a foreclosure in 6 days and you have waited until now? That may have cost you your home because your options are limited by time.

Get off the computer, stay home from work, and see a lawyer today. Likely the only thing you can do to stall or prevent a foreclosure on short notice is bankruptcy. You may have had other options, but time may be your enemy.

Good luck. But hurry. You CANNOT wait a day or two with the house in foreclosure status.

Remember, bankruptcy doesn't mean you don't pay what you owe. But your bankruptcy lawyer can get an accounting and work from there.



No comments:

Post a Comment